The following dollar bill trivia is from moneyfactory.com(1):
- The first $1 notes featured a portrait of Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase (1861-1864).
- George Washington's portrait first appeared on $1 notes in 1869.
- $1 notes make up 45% of all money printed by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
- The life span of a new $1 note is 22 months.
- If you had 10 billion $1 notes and spent one every second of every day, it would take you 317 years to go broke.
Have you ever wondered where that $1 bill in your pocket has been, or where it will go next? Check out wheresgeorge.com(2) to find out.