Ed Okonowicz, a Delaware native, worked as an editor and writer at the University of Delaware, where he continues to teach courses in folklore, storytelling, communication and writing.He earned a B.A. in music education in 1970 and a M.A. in communication in 1984, both from the University of Delaware. A professional storyteller, Ed presents a number of programs throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. He is a member of the Delaware Humanities Forum Speakers Bureau and Visiting Scholars Program and the Maryland Humanities Council Speakers Bureau. He has served on the Maryland State Arts Council Traditional/Folk Arts Advisory Panel.
He is the author of 24 books. They range from biographies and oral history to short story collections about Mid-Atlantic ghost stories, legends and folklore. He also has written two murdery mystery novels set in the fictional state of DelMarVa.
- Baltimore Ghosts: History, Mystery, Legends and Lore
- Civil War Ghosts at Fort Delaware
- In the Vestibule: True Ghost Stories from the Delmarva Peninsula to the Jersey Shore
- Phantom in the Bedchamber
- Possessed Possessions 2: More Haunted Antiques, Furniture and Collectibles
- Possessed Possessions: Haunted Antiques, Furniture and Collectibles
- Presence in the Parlor
- Terrifying Tales 2 of the Beaches and Bays
- Terrifying Tales of the Beaches and Bays
During Open Lines George kept the program upbeat with a special hotline for people who wanted to share their 'miracle' stories. ... More »Host: George Noory