With George Noory
Live Nightly 1am - 5am EST / 10pm - 2am PST
Cells & Identity - Shows

Coast Insider

Listen with Windows Player
High  Low
NOTE: We'll discontinue our Windows Media Audio in August 2015. Subscribers will still be able to listen to the show through our Coast Player in the link above.
Not a member? Become a Coast Insider and listen to the show 24/7
Advertisement

Coast Insider

Listen with Windows Player
High  Low
NOTE: We'll discontinue our Windows Media Audio in August 2015. Subscribers will still be able to listen to the show through our Coast Player in the link above.
Not a member? Become a Coast Insider and listen to the show 24/7
Advertisement

Last Show Recap

Cells & Identity

Bruce Lipton, Ph.D., an authority in bridging science and spirit, and a leading voice in new biology, discussed his belief that that if we use the 50 trillion cells that live harmoniously in every healthy human body as a model, we can create a new "super organism" called humanity, as well as how cellular studies point to such concepts as immortality, spirituality and mind over genes.

First hour guest, college instructor Mitchel Townsend reported on his research paper which he believes proves that a Bigfoot-like creature resides in the Mount St. Helens area of Washington state.

Upcoming Shows

Wed 07-08  The Light Alliance Thu 07-09  Space News/ Cryptid Sightings Fri 07-10  Witchcraft & Steampunk/ Open Lines

CoastZone

Sign up for our free CoastZone e-newsletter to receive exclusive daily articles.

Cells & Identity

Show Archive
Date: Wednesday - February 9, 2005
Host: George Noory
Guests: Bruce Lipton, John Quinones

"We are not automatons to our genes," enthused scientist and lecturer, Dr. Bruce Lipton, who shared his concepts in the field of new biology.We all contain a "metropolis of 50 trillion citizens," --the cells in our body, which could each be considered sentient beings in their own right, yet they act together as a community, he stated.

Lipton said he had a scientific epiphany when he realized that the cell membrane was "an organic information chip" that reacted to the environment. This view of cells differed from conventional science at the time, which linked cell behavior to the genes.

Cells send out "protein antennas" unique to an individual person that receive signals from the outside, and thus, our identities are linked to an exterior "field of energy," he said. Just as single celled creatures evolved into more complex forms, Lipton suggested that humanity will eventually merge into a larger organization or being. This in turn would lead to complete harmony with the Earth, which could then take its place as an "intergalactic being," he concluded.

Healer Investigation

First half-hour guest, John Quiñones of Primetime Live, discussed his investigation into the controversial Brazilian healer known as John of God (additional site: friendsofthecasa.org). John sees around 500 patients a day—95% receive prayer and invisible healing and the other 5% get actual surgery without any sterilization or anesthesia, Quiñones reported.
"We were blown away," by what we saw, as the patients reported no pain or infections from the procedures, he said. ABC's Primetime Live for Thursday Feb. 10th will devote their entire one-hour broadcast to this subject.

Related Articles

A Visit to Enterprise

George Noory recently paid a visit to the set of Star Trek Enterprise to watch a taping of one of their final season episodes. Enterprise has had a great run, star Scott Bakula told him. He and George also reminisced about both having lived in the St. Louis area. Scott is checking his schedule to see when he can appear on C2C as a guest.

Bumper Music

Bumper music from Wednesday February 09, 2005

  • #41
    Dave Matthews Band
Advertisement