Art Bell hosted Part I of his Annual Predictions Show, with callers sharing one event they see coming in 2009. Here are some of the predictions Coast listeners made for 2009:
- Martial law will be declared in some cities, said Brian from Portland.
- Jason in Nevada predicted that a nuclear device will go off in the Saudi oil fields.
- Keith in Ontario said 2009 will be the 'Year of the Homicide,' with the rate of murder spiking in the United States due to the dire economic circumstances.
- 'The Max' in Pueblo said that on 9/15/09 a global or nationwide pandemic would be unleashed by the US govt. as a form of population control.
- One caller predicted inflation would rise by 15% by the 4th quarter.
- Robin in Toronto sees major flooding in the Southern U.S.
- Tim from Salem, Ore. foresees life outside our solar system being discovered by either NASA or SETI.
- A cocker spaniel will be the White House first dog stated one listener.
- A high profile person will be involved in an accident related to a tire, declared Greg.
- Before the end of April, there'll be a bloodbath at the Mexico/Arizona border, serving as a catalyst for troops to be brought in, a listener suggested.
- Paul believes there'll be earth movement on the SW coast of Australia.
- California will shake from a quake centered around Orange County, said Sam from Calabasas.
- Valerie in Oklahoma City predicts a fire at an American-owned hotel, with a high loss of life but also miracle rescues.
- George Noory will marry in 2009, declared one caller.
Art also reviewed callers' predictions made for 2008. Here are some of the hits and misses.
- Dow falls below 11,000.
- The US economy hits a wall mid-year.
- A major train wreck will occur.
- Silver goes over $20 an ounce.
- California runs out of money.
- More high school shootings.
- US & China go to war.
- Air Force One disappears.
- Zahi Hawass steps down.
- A quake hits California on June 21st.
- Mount Etna explodes.
- US boycotts the Olympics.
- Gore jumps into the race.
- Peace in the Middle East.
- US & Canada combine currency.
The Year in Paranormal
Stephen Wagner of About.com: Paranormal Phenomena presents a round-up of the top paranormal events of 2008, including ghosts, Bigfoot, Earth mysteries, psychic activity, and strange creatures (the 'Creepy Gnome' of Argentina is pictured). The complete list can be found here.
Bumper music from Tuesday December 30, 2008
- Midnight Express (The Chase)
- Wicked Game
- Boom Boom Ba
Derek & the Dominos
- Self Control
- Year of the Cat
- Sky High
- Don't Leave Me This Way
- Crazy on You
- The Chain
- White Bird
It's a Beautiful Day
- Crunchy Granola Suite
- Dancing Queen
- Classical Gas
- I'm In You
- Midnight in the Desert