|Guests:||Jeffrey Wands, Tana Hoy, Gerald Celente, Anthony Carr, George Ure, Mark Lerner, Angela Moore|
Our special New Year's Day show hosted by Ian Punnett featured seven guests prognosticating about 2009. In order of the guests' appearances, here are some of the highlights:
Psychic Jeffrey Wands:
- There'll be a breakthrough in AIDS treatment, with possibly a vaccine. A cure for certain types of cancer will involve a food enzyme.
- This year will have a bad hurricane season, with the West Coast even being affected at one point.
- A possible fire at the Sears Tower will raise safety issues about large buildings.
- Several music entertainers will die together in a plane crash.
Psychic medium Tana Hoy:
- Kidnappings will be on the rise in border states like California, Texas, and Arizona.
- Real estate prices will begin to rebound this year. The economy and stock market will also become more stable. Gas prices will come down further.
- HIV research will have a breakthrough in 2009.
Trends analyst Gerald Celente:
- The Collapse of '09-- markets & businesses fail. Unemployment will reach over 20%.
- The Greatest Depression-- worse than the 1930's depression. We need a productive capacity to bring us out. We can't keep creating more paper money.
- Economic Slim-Fast-- A return to Yankee frugality. "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without."
Psychic Anthony Carr:
- Money will be replaced by a barter system.
- In 2012, a great comet or asteroid will be headed our way, but veer off at the last minute.
- Around 2013, civilization as we know it will come to a close. The "star travelers" will return and bring about world peace.
Consultant George Ure:
- Hyper inflation will occur after February.
- In March, a NASA whistleblower (possibly female) will reveal secrets about the organization.
- In mid-May, a civil war or "soft revolution" will take place in some parts of the United States, such as Detroit, where unemployment levels are particularly high.
Astrologer Mark Lerner:
- The period of March 6–April 17th will be a difficult or turbulent time for America concerning money issues. After this time, it's better to sign contracts or make decisions related to money.
- Obama's inauguration is scheduled during a Void-of-Course moon (when the moon transits into another astrological sign), and this could spell problems for him.
Spiritual psychic Angela Moore:
- Major seismic and/or volcanic activity will take place in America, possibly at Yellowstone.
- Paranormal activity is on the rise, and parents of little kids will be blown away by their abilities.
- The UFO community will get a boost from an event or news this year.
Bumper music from Thursday January 01, 2009
- Midnight Express (The Chase)
- The Magnificent Seven
LL Cool J
- Days Go By
- Future Shock
- Shouldn't Be Ashamed
- When You Come Back to Me
- Into Tomorrow
- Tomorrow Never Knows
- 2112 Overture
- In the Year 2525
Zager & Evans
- Hands of Time