|Date:||Tuesday - September 22, 2009|
|Guests:||William Henry, Joshua P. Warren|
Investigative mythologist and author William Henry talked about the significance of the art and symbols in the U.S. Capitol. The Capitol was thought of as a recreation of Solomon's Temple by its builders, Freemasons, who conceived of the building as a "beehive" buzzing with energy, he said. Higher wisdom flows through the Capitol's spiritual imagery, particularly in the painting, The Apotheosis of Washington, which is featured in the dome of the Rotunda, he shared, adding that the dome of the Capitol is a mirror image of the one in the Vatican. The painting depicts the first President as a deified being along with five pagan gods who are symbols for alchemy.
He noted that a scene in Dan Brown's new bestseller, The Lost Symbol, features a character staring up into the Capitol dome and seeing the painting transform into a gateway. This imagery shares similarities to Henry's work into stargates or portals, which he believes humans can ascend to higher consciousness. The bell-shaped Capitol Dome could be thought of as a kind of stupa that creates a vortex or field of energy, he continued.
Interestingly, Henry detailed that the Capitol contains a "crypt", one story beneath the Rotunda. It has 40 columns and was modeled after the ancient Temple of Poseidon-- this was a way for the United States to pay homage to Atlantis, he commented.
Five Scariest Cryptids
Appearing in the last hour, paranormal investigator Joshua P. Warren counted down his 'Top 5 Scariest Cryptids,' beings that reportedly infiltrate our world, and defy notions of what is possible. These five can be considered "phantimals," creatures that can suddenly appear and disappear, yet seem quite physical:
- 5) Devil Dragons-- seen in South Carolina, these huge pterodactyl-like creatures have piercing eyes and flapping wings.
- 4) Batsquatch-- with glowing yellow eyes, this flying creature reportedly caused a truck's engine to shut off near Mount Rainier.
- 3) Wendigo-- according to Native American lore, this hairy shape-shifting giant was once a human, but after performing acts of cannibalism, it turned into a shaggy monster.
- 2) Hellhounds-- Dating back hundreds of years, reports detail hulking Rottweiler-like dogs that suddenly appear and tear people to shreds.
- 1) Popobawa-- A 7 ft. tall black-winged demonic entity that is said to brutally molest men in Zanzibar.
Warren's associate, Micah Hanks, of The Gralien Report, has also composed a list of horrific cyptids.
Bumper music from Tuesday September 22, 2009
- Midnight Express (The Chase)
- Lady in Red
Chris De Burgh
- Red Barchetta
- Eight Miles High
- Bur Said
- The Way You Look Tonight
- Lunatic Fringe
- Happy Together
- The Magnificent Seven
- If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
Manic Street Preachers
- Big Log
- Green-Eyed Lady
- Inca Dance