Ian Punnett hosted Part II of the Annual Predictions Show, asking callers to share one event they see coming in 2011. Here are some of the predictions Coast listeners made for the new year:
- Janet in Slipknot, Iowa predicted that the United States will normalize relations with Cuba, allowing for President Obama to have a photo op on Cuban soil.
- 2011 would be the "year of the floods," warned Joe in Pittsburgh, who foresees the central US being ravaged by such disasters.
- A prominent MMA fighter will reveal that the UFC is fixed, said Rich.
- George in Kansas City envisions that, due to the eruption of an undersea volcano near Italy, the Vatican will uproot and move back to Avignon, France.
- Butch predicted that Tiger Woods will connect with a Hollywood starlet, which will result in an improvement to his floundering golfing career.
- Harold foresees an impact on the moon, possibly from a meteorite, throwing dust in the air and creating "a pretty nice light show in the sky."
- The latest fashion trend to emerge from the hip hop world will be skirts for men, predicted Jenny.
- Osama Bin Laden will finally be captured by the United States, thanks to the help of an informant, said Tony in Bethlehem, PA.
- Nathan in Davenport, Iowa said that Wikileaks will reveal that President Obama is really a reptilian.
- Attempting to go 2-for-2 (see below), Cornelius predicted a Super Bowl victory for the New Orleans Saints.
- Tornadoes will hit Los Angeles, warned Zacharia.
- James in Topanga Canyon, California predicted that a scandal will cause Vladamir Putin's ouster from the Russian government, resulting in new Russian leadership which will align the nation with China.
- The end of reality TV will happen in 2011, said Bill in Santa Cruz.
- Citing health concerns, Joe Biden will remove himself from the next presidential ticket, paving the way for Hilary Clinton to take his place as Obama's running mate, predicted Tom in Minneapolis.
- Michael in Oregon foresees Coast to Coast becoming the #1 talk show in the world in 2011.
Ian also reviewed callers' predictions made for 2010. Here is a sample of the hits and misses.
- Major celebrity will admit to being abducted by aliens.
- Nuclear reactor will mysteriously detonate on its own in North America.
- Newly discovered comet will be visible to the naked eye.
- A tsunami in California will reveal an underwater reptile species.
- Undeniable proof of Bigfoot is found and it is revealed that the government is breeding the creatures at 'Area 52.'
- New Orleans Saints win the Super Bowl (as predicted by the same Cornelius who called in this year).
- Google will be rocked by scandal.
Accompanied by renewed hopes brought on by a fresh year as well as a slew of resolutions that will likely soon fall by the wayside, 2011 has been sweeping across the globe. Revelers gathered by the millions in cities around the world to ring in the new year with massive, breathtaking fireworks displays. The UK's Telegraph features video and a gallery which highlight the festivities in cities from London all the way to Sydney, Australia.
Bumper music from Friday December 31, 2010
- Midnight Express (The Chase)
- Shut Up and Drive
- White Wedding
- I Will Survive
- The Magnificent Seven
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy
- The Grave And The Constant
Fun Lovin' Criminals
- Jump Around
House of Pain
- Mongrel Meets His Maker
- Why Can't I Touch It?
- Rocky Mountain Way
- Lung Shadows
- Stacy's Mom
Fountains of Wayne
- Hands of Time