Ian Punnett hosted Part II of our Annual Predictions Show, asking callers to share one event they see coming in 2012. Here are some of the predictions made by Coast listeners for the New Year:
- Frank predicted that relations between the United States and China will deteriorate after an incident on August 20th, leading to the start of World War III between the two nations in mid-November.
- OJ Simpson will confess to killing his wife and Ron Goldman in return for release from Nevada prison, said Joe.
- Bob in Maui foresees Joe Biden stepping down as Vice President and Hilary Clinton taking his place on the Democratic ticket.
- The identity of Jack the Ripper will finally be solved, according to Kyle.
- Duke in Cincinnati had the premonition that there will be a "Mumbai style" terror attack on a tourist resort in the Caribbean.
- Wade predicted a thawing of relations between North and South Korea, while Michael, the very next caller, foresees North Korea invading South Korea with help from China.
- According to Jim in Delaware, Atlantis will rise from the Atlantic Ocean which will case a major earthquake on the east coast of the United States.
- Jerry warned that, in the Spring of 2012, suburban animals will begin attacking people in the Pacific Northwest of Canada.
- There will be a staged alien invasion during the Summer Olympics, said Jonathan in Utah
- Dan in California foresees a biological attack in America by China on 9/11.
- A study of earthworms will lead to a breakthrough in understanding antigravity, predicted Steven in Michigan.
- Carol in Wyoming envisions solar activity will increasing as we get closer to December of 2012 and wreaking havoc on America's aging electrical grid.
- 2012 will mark the first in a three year period of peace for Israel, resulting in an Arab leader winning the Nobel Peace Prize, said Kirk in Merced, California.
- Charles in Tennessee predicted that an Arab leader will unite the Middle East countries in 2012.
- Eschewing his Super Bowl predictions of the last two years, Cornelius forecast LSU beating Alabama to win the BCS title in 2012.
It has been the subject of countless books, films, and TV specials for years and, now, for better or for worse, 2012 has arrived. The new year brings with it fervent speculation as to what will happen when the Mayan Calendar ends on December 21st as well as the usual annual hopes that this will finally be the year that UFO truth is disclosed, Bigfoot is proven to be real, or the Cubs win the World Series. CNN offers photos and videos of the global celebration unfolding as 2012 leaves the realm of science fiction and moves into reality.
Bumper music from Saturday December 31, 2011
- Midnight Express (The Chase)
- Gritty Shaker
- Enemy Lines
- Dog Days Are Over
Florence and the Machine
- The Son of Flynn
- The Golden Age
The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
- Born This Way
- The Magnificent Seven
- Price Tag
- Area 102
- Rolling In The Deep
- North Easter
- Howlin' for You
The Black Keys
- Hands of Time