At a blazing house in the English village of Corby, a quick-thinking iguana jumped on the helmet of a fireman, who unknowingly carried the pet reptile to safety. The incident, which occurred on Wednesday night, is perhaps unique in the annals of fire rescue.
A spokeswoman for the Northants Fire and Rescue department explained that the crew member at first thought someone was touching his helmet. "What a surprise he then had to find this iguana chilling on his head, eager to escape the burning building," she remarked. The fire was said to be sparked by a faulty reptile heating mat. More at BBC News.