Investigative writer William Warwick recounted his sighting of the 'Norfolk Incident' and presented a chronology of events surrounding the Phoenix Lights of 1997. On March 12, 1997 (the day before the main Phoenix Lights sighting) he witnessed a 400 to 600 foot wide boomerang-shaped craft float over his head in Norfolk, VA. The huge silent craft "looked like it was on parade" --as though it wanted to be seen, and while it was quite similar to the later reports of the Phoenix object, it was smaller and had a different number of domed lights, he said.
Warwick has assembled a timeline of unusual events which he believes may be connected. They include:
- "Mysterious" gamma ray burst (2/28/97) Norfolk Incident (3/12/97)
- "Troubleshooter 615" helicopter goes down in "mysterious" accident off the coast of Norfolk, VA (3/13/97)
- Phoenix Lights seen by hundreds of witnesses (3/13/97)
- HAARP facility temporarily goes offline (3/14/97)
- Pres. Clinton is reported to have hurt his knee after falling down a flight of stairs (3/14/97)
Warwick is producing the conference Eyewitness 2007: You Are Not Alone, dedicated to the witnesses of the Phoenix Lights. It will take place March 31st to April 1st.
Appearing during the first half-hour, Dr. Lynne Kitei spoke about the 10 year anniversary of the Phoenix Lights and shared a photo she took in 2000 of an unexplained object in the Phoenix skies. "The consensus is that it may very well be the side view of the massive craft that traversed the state 10 years ago," she said.
Richard C. Hoagland of Enterprise Mission appeared during the first hour, commenting on such topics as the new images of lakes found on Titan, and the anniversary of the Phoenix Lights.