Art Bell hosted Part I of his Annual Predictions Show, with callers invited to share one event they see coming in 2008. Here are some of the predictions Coast listeners made for 2008:
- Chris from NYC said that in March the price of oil will drop down to $50 a barrel.
- The 2007 WD5 asteroid will hit Mars, and the remnants of an ancient civilization will be revealed.
- A helicopter will crash into a non-residential building (medical or business), stated Yvonne from New York.
- Max suggested that the Dow will drop to below 11,000.
- Bill in Salinas believes that 'Bugs' will resurface and lead researchers to the remains of buried Bigfoot.
- There will be a series of three earthquakes in Hawaii-- 8.6, 7.2 and 6.3, probably in March, said Darren.
- John in Spokane said we'll endure 90 days of satellites being shut down.
- Leonard from MS said he's had a reoccurring dream about a major train crash-- one that will go down in the record books.
- The dollar will tank in the second week of March, and will be dumped worldwide, declared Bob from Arkansas.
- Beth in Youngstown warned of a big disease coming from crows.
- There will be no hurricanes over North America in '08, said Tim in Texas.
- New Orleans will encounter problems with violence, when the NBA All-Star game comes to town.
- Nick said the US and the international community will end up boycotting the '08 Olympics because of actions by China.
- There will be a lot more school shootings.
- A steam roller accident in Charleston, SC will take many lives.
And for the first time Art Bell, himself, made a prediction--
Al Gore will jump into the race at the last moment in hopes of being drafted.
Art also reviewed some predictions from last year. Here are some of the hits & misses.
- An E. Coli terrorist attack.
- Terrorism at a major sporting event.
- Israel attacks Iran.
- Govt. gets Osama.
- Base on moon revealed.
- Syria, Iran and Russia attack Israel.
- More attention to gun control.
- Increased animal attacks on humans.
- Economy falters; dollar weakens further.