Art Bell hosted Part I of his Annual Predictions Show, asking callers to tap into their "psychic center" and share one event they see coming in 2010. Here are some of the predictions Coast listeners made for the new year:
- The biggest one-year drop in the finance market will be caused by state defaults.
- A man from North Carolina predicted that Israel will attack Iran's nuclear capability.
- A Detroit "prophetess" foresees a terrorist attack on the New York subway, possibly in March.
- There will be an interracial double hand transplant, stated one caller.
- An international military force will stage an attack on Somali pirates.
- Lori foresees a huge tidal wave/tsunami hitting the entire West Coast.
- A caller from Salinas, CA said Obama will appear on national TV announcing that aliens exist, and then one of the ETs will talk on camera.
- Marsha suggested a new living species will be discovered that will cause a lot of excitement.
- During the Spring, a tornado outbreak in the US will surpass the super outbreak of 1974, said Bill in upstate New York.
- Scott from Charlottesville, VA believes a specific reason for the bee die-off will be announced.
- Steve declared that the Hall of Records will be found in the Grand Canyon.
- The River Ganges will slow to a trickle, and there will be a high amount of sterility in India predicted Jenessa in Modesto.
- California will see a 7.3 earthquake.
- A caller from Pahrump, NV foresees the rediscovery of the Hollow Earth/North Pole entrance.
- A new group of "honest" politicians will volunteer to take lie detector tests, and be elected into office, said Richard in Santa Barbara.
- Volcanoes will erupt in the Mojave Desert in the fall predicted a caller from Costa Mesa.
- Orion from Indiana said Planet X will become visible for all to see.
- Boston will be hit by a big hurricane predicted Simon.
- Developments in nanotechnology will improve the lives of paralysis victims said Steve in Kentucky.
- A major power blackout will occur in the Southwest, possibly Las Vegas.
- Pete in North Carolina predicts the stock market will rise to a new high, 14,500.
- Because of terrorism, the government will reveal a top secret form of transportation that will eliminate the need for air travel said Bakker in Toronto.
- The headline "Obama Gets Osama" will appear in American newspapers.
Art also reviewed callers' predictions made for 2009. Here are some of the hits and misses.
- Obama 'honeymoon' over by October.
- Stock market falls under 7,000.
- Commercial real estate falters.
- Pandemic by September 15th.
- Auto production cut in half.
- New monarch on English throne.
- Proof that Bigfoot exists.
- SETI signal detected.
- Government takes gold back.
- Russia flexes military might.
- A blimp will crash.
- Obama brings peace to Middle East.
For more, see Part II of the Predictions Show.