|Guests:||Bruce Lipton, Steve Bhaerman|
Internationally recognized authority in bridging science and spirit, and a leading voice in new biology, Bruce Lipton, Ph.D., spoke about ways humanity can evolve by freeing itself of old belief systems and programming. Political philosopher and humorist Steve Bhaerman, who co-authored with Lipton their new book Spontaneous Evolution, joined in the second hour of the discussion.
Lipton outlined what he called the "Four Myth-Perceptions of the Apocalypse":
- The world or universe is Newtonian in nature-- based on physical matter, and materialistic values. This is being disproved by quantum physics, which shows that an invisible realm is involved in shaping matter, and points to the connection between science and spirituality.
- We're a victim of our genes. We're not a victim of heredity, but can actively participate in the health of our cells/genes through our perceptions and thoughts, and breaking free from subconscious programming.
- The world is based on competition. This kind of Darwinian thinking keeps us armed, guarded and stressed. Evolution actually favors community and cooperation.
- Random evolution occurred. Organisms were designed to bring harmony to the environment; they are adaptive, not random.
We allow fear, habit, and programming to box us in, and do things against our better nature, Bhaerman commented. He performed for a few minutes as his humorous character Swami Beyondananda, who shared his "little imparticles of wisdom." "Would you like to be in the now, more?" he asked George, who replied affirmatively. "Well, it's too late, it's already done!" Swami retorted. "We are all in this together...In this planet that we have right now, we have to love thy neighbor as thy selves. Otherwise, there goes the neighborhood," Swami continued.
Institutions are failing us, because they are based on false beliefs, said Bhaerman. Lipton noted the need to integrate oppositional viewpoints, such as conservative and progressive. It just takes a small percentage of the population to become more coherent in their thought process, which in turn can alter the entire field and manifest change, and lead to humanity's evolution, he added.
Same Image: Crop Circle & Book
"Aliens are supporting my book!" quipped Bruce Lipton. "The largest crop circle ever reported showed up in the Netherlands the day my book came off the press...The crop circle and the cover illustration on my book are the exact same image! DaVinci's "Vitruvian Man" with butterfly wings. According to the interpreters of the crop circle (more here), the meaning of the image is EXACTLY the meaning behind Spontaneous Evolution, my new book," he said.
Bumper music from Tuesday September 15, 2009
- Midnight Express (The Chase)
- Mea Culpa
- Black Magic Woman
- Cherish the Day
- These Eyes
- Right Now
- Time in a Bottle
- Fixed Income
- It Ain't Me, Babe
- Shouldn't Be Ashamed
- Life in a Northern Town
- In the Mood
- Dancing in the Moonlight
- Inca Dance