Author and lecturer Dr. Shelley Kaehr returned for a discussion on gem healing, and her studies of Edgar Cayce, who championed the healing properties of stones during his trance sessions. Gemstones have different frequencies, and can be placed on parts of the body or chakra points for a 20-minute "nap" period, allowing a person to experience their therapeutic vibrations, she explained.
Kaehr presented her list of the Top 10 stones and their healing properties & benefits:
- Rose Quartz: brings love, weight loss, and helps reduce wrinkles.
- Hematite: useful for grounding, and absorbing negative energy.
- Amethyst: fosters psychic development, helps battle addictions.
- Citrine: tends to attract financial abundance.
- Aventurine: alleviates aches and pains, and also attracts money.
- Sodalite: assists with thyroid and hypoglycemic issues.
- Lapis: most recommended by Cayce, helpful with migraines, acid reflux.
- Fluorite: relieves allergies and aids in concentration.
- Serpentine/Infinite: used for various kinds of healing and can turn dark when people use it because it takes on the person's energy so they can heal.
- Bloodstone: a miraculous stone that works opposite to infinite because the user actually takes on its properties.
She also spoke about Larimar, a blue stone, which Cayce was said to connect with Atlantis, and a new gemstone called Shamanite, a dark brown calcite that comes from a sacred Native American site in Colorado.
We received a photo of a bloodstone from Shelley Kaehr to accompany her presentation.