In the first half of the show, Astronomy Professor Chris Impey discussed the evolution and structure of galaxies, as well as the eventual death of the Milky Way, and even the entire universe. The universe is going to become very sparse, cold, and empty, and "astronomers will all be out of jobs in a few billion years, as there'll be nothing to look at-- the stars will have all died, and galaxies will be ripped apart by expansion so that we can't even see them with our biggest telescopes," he explained.
Interestingly, he noted that even without stars, humans or advanced life forms might find other sources of energy to power their civilizations, such as gravitational forces from a black hole. In around three billion years, the Milky Way will merge with the neighboring Andromeda galaxy, causing stars to change their orbits, but not necessarily leading to collisions. When stars like our sun (which is going to last another 4-5 billion years) burn themselves out in a pyrotechnic light show, they leave behind a dark object like a neutron star, he said.
In the latter half of the show, Maj. Ed Dames returned to share remote viewing updates on such topics as the oil spill, evacuations, solar activity, and the economy. The oil spill in the Gulf will have long term consequences for the region, he said. After hurricanes move petrochemicals onto land, water supplies will be poisoned, and there'll be evacuations in the area on the level of Katrina or Chernobyl, with martial law possibly imposed, he warned.
Among his other predictions and statements:
- Israel will go to war with Iran, and America will get involved clandestinely.
- There will be no economic recovery, and the U.S. empire will end in "fits and throes."
- By next year, the stock market will dwindle down to below 2,000. Gold, however, will rise in value to $3,500.
- Around 2050, the outer planets will be explored by teams from Russia and other countries, but the US won't be involved.
- Bigfoot are actually transported here from vehicles in deep space that beam them down to certain safe points.
- Crop circles are created by underground robotic entities on Mars that focus a kind of holographic energy on the surface of the Earth.
A flying car that takes to both the road and the air is set to go into commercial production. Called the Terrafugia Transition, an aircraft license for the vehicle will require only 20 hours of flying time. More here.
Bumper music from Tuesday June 29, 2010
Midnight Express (The Chase)
Across the Universe
You Belong to the City
Don't Let It Show
Alan Parsons Project
The Sound of Silence
Simon & Garfunkel
God Only Knows
Interstate Love Song
Stone Temple Pilots