Ian Punnett hosted Part II of our Annual Predictions Show, asking callers to share one event they see coming in 2012. Here are some of the predictions made by Coast listeners for the New Year:
- Frank predicted that relations between the United States and China will deteriorate after an incident on August 20th, leading to the start of World War III between the two nations in mid-November.
- OJ Simpson will confess to killing his wife and Ron Goldman in return for release from Nevada prison, said Joe.
- Bob in Maui foresees Joe Biden stepping down as Vice President and Hilary Clinton taking his place on the Democratic ticket.
- The identity of Jack the Ripper will finally be solved, according to Kyle.
- Duke in Cincinnati had the premonition that there will be a "Mumbai style" terror attack on a tourist resort in the Caribbean.
- Wade predicted a thawing of relations between North and South Korea, while Michael, the very next caller, foresees North Korea invading South Korea with help from China.
- According to Jim in Delaware, Atlantis will rise from the Atlantic Ocean which will case a major earthquake on the east coast of the United States.
- Jerry warned that, in the Spring of 2012, suburban animals will begin attacking people in the Pacific Northwest of Canada.
- There will be a staged alien invasion during the Summer Olympics, said Jonathan in Utah
- Dan in California foresees a biological attack in America by China on 9/11.
- A study of earthworms will lead to a breakthrough in understanding antigravity, predicted Steven in Michigan.
- Carol in Wyoming envisions solar activity will increasing as we get closer to December of 2012 and wreaking havoc on America's aging electrical grid.
- 2012 will mark the first in a three year period of peace for Israel, resulting in an Arab leader winning the Nobel Peace Prize, said Kirk in Merced, California.
- Charles in Tennessee predicted that an Arab leader will unite the Middle East countries in 2012.
- Eschewing his Super Bowl predictions of the last two years, Cornelius forecast LSU beating Alabama to win the BCS title in 2012.
Bumper music from Saturday December 31, 2011
Midnight Express (The Chase)
Dog Days Are Over
Florence and the Machine
The Son of Flynn
The Golden Age
The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
Born This Way
The Magnificent Seven
Rolling In The Deep
Howlin' for You
The Black Keys
Hands of Time