George Noory started the new year with predictions and prognostications for 2012 from professionals including psychic Joe Jacobs, numerologist Glynis McCants, astrologer Mark Lerner, and spirit medium Maureen Hancock. In the first hour, Jacobs shared some of his insights:
- The presidential election in November will have delayed results, and may have to go to the courts as it did in 2000.
- 2012 is going to be a very inventive, creative year for those in the arts.
- April will be the most dangerous time in terms of loss of life.
- Israel will be in a dangerous situation starting May 14th for a six-week period.
- There'll be heavy flooding or extreme weather in February and November.
Next up, McCants commented that because 2012 is a "5" year, it will have a different, lighter energy than 2011. The year will have a "never a dull moment quality" and move quickly. "What I like about the speed and energy of '5' is that it keeps you alert and aware...this year promotes you being present with people you like," realizing you want to spend time with quality people, rather than wasting your time, she said. Regarding the presidential race, Pres. Obama's numbers indicate he'll be in for the fight of his life to win re-election, she said.
In the third hour, Lerner shared some astrological perspectives and information. One of the major events occurring this year is Neptune entering Pisces in February for the start of a 14-year cycle, and this will have spiritual influences on humanity, he noted. While he doesn't see the Mayan calendar date of 12/21/12 as any kind of ending, Lerner cautioned that popular "thought forms" or doomsday fears might lead cult or fringe groups to act out at this juncture. The asteroid Vesta, which is related to business, moves into a position in June that will coincide with the start of a bull market which will last nine months, he added.
Hancock, who views 2012 as a more positive year than the previous one, shared a number of predictions:
- The US economy will not dramatically turn around, but there'll be signs of improvement by March, with housing doing better in April. Unemployment will fall slightly, and hover at 8%.
- Obama will face a major challenge by Romney in the election, and it looks like Romney will surpass him in popularity.
- In Feb/March, the EU monetary system will come close to falling apart, and the US will offer assistance.
- Syria will see a record number of protestors killed by the current regime.
- There will be a major tornado in June hitting Alabama & Mississippi, similar to the Joplin tornado.
- There will be a significant earthquake on the West Coast this summer; measuring at least 6.5 on the Richter scale.
News segment guests: Jerome Corsi, Lee Spiegel
The first Sunday of every month, George Noory features emerging artists for some of the Bumper Music selections. Tonight, we'll hear from John Niems, Gina Mari, Wayne Leadston, Yancy Yates, Deborah Sprout, Chasing Arrows, and Kumanu. For more info on how to submit your original music, visit this page.