In the first hour, astrologer and spiritual consultant Jeff Harman joined Dave Schrader to discuss the validity of his 2016 predictions and give us hints of what's to come in 2017. Dave pointed out that Harman predicted a Trump victory early in the race. Harman said that this was due to his examination of Trump’s birth chart, which showed a "once in a lifetime event" for this year. He believes that the president-elect will effect widespread change in a positive way. Harman said that this next year will see mounting tensions in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, especially in the fall. He also sees a high-tech explosion that will radically change our lives after 2019 and cause a new "roaring ‘20s" of advances in the following decade.
In the second hour, professional numerologist Alison Baughman joined the program to describe the practice of using numbers to look at current and future events and guide your life. Baughman said that 2016 was a "Nine Universal Year," which signified "extremes and extremes of emotions." She declared that we are moving into a "One Universal Year" for 2017 which she says are years of inventiveness and change. She believes that we will see a time of "new things, starts, and pushing forward." Baughman’s predictions also included major fluctuations in the U.S. economy, good years for Netflix and McDonalds, not-so-good years for Ford and Apple, and a major hurricane for the eastern seaboard.
In the second half, Dave hosted the long-standing Coast to Coast AM tradition of reading listener predictions made last year, and recording new predictions. Here are highlights of some of the listeners' predictions for 2017:
- By email, Derek predicted that Donald Trump will be impeached, and major Hollywood actor would be murdered.
- Cornelius in California called in to predict that George Noory will win a Marconi award in 2017, as well as Syndicated Personality of the Year.
- Simon in Baltimore said that the UN will relocate to an Arab country, "maybe Dubai," and that "something shocking" will happen at the Coachella music festival.
- Caller Bryn in Oregon said that a live Bigfoot will be captured this year.
- Mike in Florida thinks that Trump will move the US Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem and there will be a major earthquake along US interstate 95 in the northeast.
- Jason in Kentucky thinks that Barack Obama will become a standup comedian after he retires from office.
- Alan emailed with his prediction that Trump will start a war with China.
- Via email, Kathleen said she believes that the Obamas will get divorced and their oldest daughter will go into drug rehab.
- William in New York believes that Bernie Sanders will be made Chairman of the Federal Reserve and will discover a surplus which will mean a $30,000 payout to every taxpayer.
Joe Who describes himself as a "voice natural direct sensitive," which he says means that he can tell things about people from their voices. A regular on Schrader’s program, he called in to predict that Iceland and Italy will experience major volcanic eruptions. The bumper music featured musicians and entertainers who left us in 2016.
- Midnight Express (The Chase)
Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole
- Smuggler's Blues
- White Rabbit
- Boogie Wonderland
Earth, Wind & Fire
- Lucky Man
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
- Baby I'm A Star
- Chapel Of Love
- You Spin Me Round
Dead or Alive
- Pure Imagination
- Good Morning
Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds, Donald O'Connor
- Inca Dance