Kicking off the New Year, Ian Punnett hosted Coast to Coast AM's annual prediction show featuring psychics and prognosticators sharing what they see coming in the year 2008. In order of the guests' appearances, here are some of the highlights:
Trendcaster Gerald Celente:
- 2008 will bring an "economic 9-11" in which big financial firms are going to collapse from the top down.
- As greed and corruption are seeped out, there will be great opportunities for entrepreneurs to move into the failing system.
- With the rise in food prices and property taxes, people can no longer afford things, and will revolt against the current tax system.
Web bot analyst George Ure:
- The catastrophic collapse of the dollar will ignite a global meltdown.
- During the winter/spring look for a natural disaster, likely wind related, such as an out-of-season hurricane.
- In late March, a female leader, possibly from Central or South America will begin to receive media coverage regarding financial rebellion.
- In May/June veterans will take over a national monument.
Paul Guercio of the Merlin Project:
- On the Democratic side, John Edwards and Barack Obama are the two most likely candidates.
- For the Republicans, Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson are the two strongest. Ron Paul could also get serious consideration and McCain may be a VP candidate.
- Bloomberg could decide to run as an Independent if "the center is wide enough," and he'd have a real shot at winning.
- Global terrorism is going to make a "major comeback."
Numerologist Glynis McCants:
- The 2008 World Number Cycle is a 1 (2 + 0 + 0 + 8 = 10, 1 + 0 = 1). Everyone is impacted by this number but those with ambition and drive are likely to succeed.
- Competition comes to the forefront, and it's helpful to write down your goals.
- The date of 8/8/08 will be noteworthy for something unusual, possibly of a political nature, occurring at the Olympics in China.
Intuitive Sean David Morton:
- Entering a "1" year emphasizes our own will, imagination and a reaffirmation of our sense of self and personal power.
- The dollar will actually strengthen but the stock market will slowly deflate, heading down towards 8,000 - 9,000.
- There will be a lot more investment in the United States.
- The film industry will begin shooting more in the US and the writer's strike will end in the first half of April.
- The "elite on the inside" are terrified of Ron Paul's candidacy. He may eventually end up running for the governor of Texas.
Astrologer Mark Lerner:
- A triangular pattern of Jupiter and Saturn represents opportunities and potential for financial advancement. The week or two before the dates of Jan. 21, Sept. 8th, and Nov. 21 has particular momentum in that regard.
- The Federal Reserve could be entering a dangerous situation due to the positioning of Pluto.
- The dollar will continue to crumble and investments in gold and commodities are advised.
D.B. Cooper Update
First hour guest Galen Cook offered an update on the D.B. Cooper case. While the FBI has issued a new appeal for help in finding the man who parachuted from a jet with $200,00 in 1971, Cook said he's received a series of emails from a man who said his father, a former military paratrooper, identified himself as D.B. Cooper. A photo of the man's father is a "dead ringer" for Cooper, he added.